Monday, July 9, 2007

Podcast reflections...

I finally finished my podcast! Yeah! I must say that I could learn to love podcasting. It was so much fun creating mine... I just wish I had more time and I knew more about Audacity. Also, my voice has still not returned, so I sound a bit manly, but oh well...for my first podcast, I'd say it turned out pretty decent.

I think that having students create podcasts would be a PERFECT project for my speech class (if, that is, I was still teaching). I teach a unit on voice (rate, pitch, volume, pronunciation and articulation), and this would be a perfect speech to demonstrate voice. I also think that teachers creating podcasts for students to listen to could be very beneficial. I am interested to see how this takes off in k-12 education...

1 comment:

Judy Knight said...

Hi Heather,
Podcasting would be great for speech class. Students could use it as a tool to prepare to give a public speech - much like standing in front of the mirror! I will be using them in my high school class this fall and I will also require my college classes to create an educational podcast. They will probably hate me for it, but as I check the media news, podcasts are becoming very popular. I teach a beginning computer class at KSU and at Lakeland. I will also be teaching a webclass at Lakeland this fall. Busy, busy, busy...but I love it.
Judy K.