Thursday, July 12, 2007

Final thoughts on class...

Well, tomorrow is our last day of class. It has been a great class. I have learned a ton! I am sort of sad that I'm not returning to teach in the fall since I now have a ton of new ideas that I could try. I have, however, began "teaching" my friends the stuff that I have learned in the class so that they can use it next year! I have even passed along many of the resources on our class wiki to my friends.

My favorite part of the course was probably either learning to use Moodle or the podcasts. I definitely see the value in both, and I will definitely use both in the future! I wish that I would have had more time to learn more about them, but I will have to play around and teach myself more.

I also really enjoyed the asynchronous discussion. I didn't think I'd like the discussion part, but it has been a really good experience. I like the fact that I can read other's posts and take time to gather my thoughts before commenting. I feel that the discussions have been great (until for some reason this week...when it's my turn to facilitate and no one is discussing!). I don't think that I would have participated if the discussions were required just because I didn't see value in them before the class, but I'm glad I did. I will definitely use those types of chats when I return to teaching!

The hardest part of the course would have to be the wiki! I think it is a good resource, but I didn't have a whole lot to add. I wasn't incredibly knowledgeable about any of the topics on it, so I didn't feel that I had a lot to add. But I think it will be helpful in the future as I start to learn more!

Overall, it was a great course!

2 comments:

Dan said...

I agree Heather. I really enjoyed the podcast portion of class and with reflection I have decided that I really liked Moodle. At first I was disappointed with it due to the short level of time that we had with it. Looking back I realize that I am glad that I got at least some exposure to the program. Five weeks was far too quick for all of this.

Dan

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.